In accordance with Article 10(3)(F)(ii) of the New Patriotic Party’s Constitution, the National Steering Committee, acting for and on behalf of the National Council, at its emergency meeting held on Tuesday, May 30, 2023, and upon further stakeholder consultations, constituted a Vetting Committee for the Party’s forthcoming Presidential Primary Election, and appointed Rt. Hon. Prof. Aaron Mike Oquaye Chairman of the said Committee.
Consequent to the above development, Lawyer Justin Kodua Frimpong, General Secretary of the Party, on Friday, June 30, 2023, inaugurated the Vetting Committee at the Party’s Headquarters. He reiterated the need to uphold the Party’s Constitution in managing all its affairs and urged the Committee members to ensure a free, fair, and transparent vetting process.
The Members of the Vetting Committee are as follows:
- Rt. Rev. Hon. Prof. Mike Aaron Oquaye Member & Chairman
- Hon. Kwasi Amoako Atta Member
- Mr. Stephen Abankwa Sekyere Member
- Hon. Osei Bonsu Amoah Member
- Lord Oblitey Commey Member
- Lawyer Frank Davies Member
- Mad. Rita Talata Asobayire Member
- Hon. Hackman Owusu-Agyeman Member
- Mad. Adelaide Ahwireng Member
Hon. Osei Bonsu Amoah, the Member of Parliament for the Akwapem South Constituency and a member of the Vetting Committee, has been appointed the Spokesperson for the Committee.
Justin Kodua Frimpong